North East Modified Slot Car Racing
Welcome to the North East Modified Stock Car Racing Forum!

We will feature the Modified Slotcar Racing activities in the North East!

If you race Modifieds, Super Modifieds, Hardbody Stockers or any type of scale slot cars... Please Register... It's FREE!

See you inside!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the North East Modified Stock Car Racing Forum!

We will feature the Modified Slotcar Racing activities in the North East!

If you race Modifieds, Super Modifieds, Hardbody Stockers or any type of scale slot cars... Please Register... It's FREE!

See you inside!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showcasing the North East Modified Racing activities in the North East... Racers, Builders and Fans of the various racing series, cars and tracks... Gather here for your healthy addiction!

Welcome to the North East Modified Slot Car Racing Forum! Please join us! Registration is FREE!.... Thanks to all of you that have registered...
Latest topics
» Charlestown NH Victory Lane 07-02
Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 2:23 pm by smithspeedway

» Charlestown NH Victory Lane 4-16
Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 3:10 pm by smithspeedway

» Charlestown NH Victory Lane 4-2
Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 3:27 pm by smithspeedway

» Charlestown NH Victory Lane 10-23
Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 9:16 pm by smithspeedway

» Charlestown NH Victory Lane 8-7
Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 1:04 pm by smithspeedway

» Charlestown NH Victory Lane 5-15
Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! EmptySat May 21, 2022 9:37 am by smithspeedway

» Charlestown NH Victory Lane 2-27
Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 9:49 pm by smithspeedway

» Charlestown NH Victory Lane 1-30
Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 2:47 pm by smithspeedway

» Charlestown NH Victory Lane 9-26
Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 8:43 pm by smithspeedway

Counter

You are not connected. Please login or register

Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

racerpaul

Started back in the 70's racing at the famed "Islip Speedway" in the Sportsmen Division. Came to my senses in 1990 and got a Macon Formula Ford, raced with the RCCA in the Novice and Club Ford classes. Moved on to F2000 with a Van Diemen...

Embedded pic is me at the 'Bridge' Bridgehampton Race Circuit, early in the Formula Ford days...coming out of 'Echo Valley'

Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! WmzCe

Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! GY1Sh

2Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! Empty ALSO ISLIP ROOTS AND INTO ROAD RACING Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:31 pm

tymag

I too started racing at Islip. In the VW division. 2nd in points first year. This after a fairly sucessful drag racing foray.(boring). Ran a 1966 Corvair GT3 car with EMRA. Never minded trading paint(guess due to oval track roots). Frowned upon by my road racing friends. Ah, the good old days.

3Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! Empty EMRA! Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Thenks for the reply! I was a Vice President of EMRA and a protege' of Bud Kruger back in the late 90's. Good to hear from you!
Paul

https://modifiedslotracing.forumotion.com

DustyMojave

DustyMojave

Hi Paul. I ran across your post in Scale Racing Lobby. Thought I'd come over and check this out. I was introduced to slot cars in about 1960. My family was involved in 1:1 road racing, (for the circle fans around here, that's OK, Dad was an old midget and track roadster racer)and we were at a race at the LA County Fairgrounds at Pomona (now known as "FairPlex) where the Winternationals drag races are held. One of the other officials lived a few blocks away and he invited us to their home. He had static models all over on shelves, many of them scratchbuilt and carved from Balsa, and a slot car track in the den(?)/Family room(?)/ whatever...Slot cars then were intended to be scale models.

In the 70s, as slot cars got radical and unrealistic, I lost interest. But apparently so did most everyone else.

A couple years after that race at Pomona, Cal Club joined into SCCA as the LA Region. I started working Tech at the SCCA races just when the Cal Club races became SCCA races, in 1963 at the ripe old age of 7 years. I still work Tech now, but at desert offroad races. I was around SCCA racing when Formula Ford got started. Then years later, as a young man I was the 1st Tech Inspector to check the brand new, out for testing less bodywork, Formula Ford of Dave Bruns. Then I Teched it again when he brought it out for the 2nd time with the new body. This was the 1st car built by what was to become "ADF", later known as "Swift". This car, when Dave brought it out, was a quantum leap from the status quo of the early 70s.

There's a lot more race history in my background, just thought I'd let ya know there's more of us out here.

5Formula Ford Piloto w/ Islip Speedway roots! Empty Thanks for Joining! Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

DustyMojave wrote:Hi Paul. I ran across your post in Scale Racing Lobby. Thought I'd come over and check this out. I was introduced to slot cars in about 1960. My family was involved in 1:1 road racing, (for the circle fans around here, that's OK, Dad was an old midget and track roadster racer)and we were at a race at the LA County Fairgrounds at Pomona (now known as "FairPlex) where the Winternationals drag races are held. One of the other officials lived a few blocks away and he invited us to their home. He had static models all over on shelves, many of them scratchbuilt and carved from Balsa, and a slot car track in the den(?)/Family room(?)/ whatever...Slot cars then were intended to be scale models.

In the 70s, as slot cars got radical and unrealistic, I lost interest. But apparently so did most everyone else.

A couple years after that race at Pomona, Cal Club joined into SCCA as the LA Region. I started working Tech at the SCCA races just when the Cal Club races became SCCA races, in 1963 at the ripe old age of 7 years. I still work Tech now, but at desert offroad races. I was around SCCA racing when Formula Ford got started. Then years later, as a young man I was the 1st Tech Inspector to check the brand new, out for testing less bodywork, Formula Ford of Dave Bruns. Then I Teched it again when he brought it out for the 2nd time with the new body. This was the 1st car built by what was to become "ADF", later known as "Swift". This car, when Dave brought it out, was a quantum leap from the status quo of the early 70s.

There's a lot more race history in my background, just thought I'd let ya know there's more of us out here.

Very good of you to share with us all! Glad you joined our forum... keep posting!

Paul

https://modifiedslotracing.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum